Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Chicken Vermicelli Soup

My toddler is starting to get picky with food lately, so I always make sure I cook something she'll enjoy. She loves eating noodles, any kind of noodles, that's why it's not uncommon to see a dish with noodles during mealtimes in our home .

With a quarter kilo of chicken, carrots, cabbage, vermicelli, garlic and onion, I can be assured that my 2 year old will enjoy her meal.

Saute the chopped garlic, then add the diced onions and then the thinly sliced chicken strips. Once the chicken turns brown, add the chicken stock and let boil. Add the vermicelli and wait for it to be cooked before adding the julienned carrots and shredded cabbage. You can add other vegetables if you like. Season to taste.

This is fast and easy to make, just the kind of thing for extrasuper moms who have lots of other things to do.

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

This sounds delicious! I'm going to try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing.