Saturday, June 30, 2007

That's Life!

I got allergic rhinitis so I took my anti-allergy medication. One effect of the drug is that it makes me very sleepy. I felt really groggy so I decided to take a nap. Because my husband had other things to do, my kids were with me while I took a rest.

My eyes felt so heavy that I had a hard time knowing what my kids were up to. When I opened my eyes, I saw my little girl on top of a plastic toy box, singing and dancing with delight. Groggily I got up and had her get down but before I could even lay down my head on the bed, she was up on the box again. Not having enough strength, I called on my husband for reinforcement. He took out the box and I figured, I'll probably get the rest I needed then.

Without the toy box to amuse her, my toddler got on the bed and began poking my eyes saying, "Mommy! Wake up, wake up." Arrrggg... I just want a little rest and it seemed like I'll never be able to get a good one. She then snuggled up next to me and said, "I love you, Mommy." Sigh! Who can remain irritated after that? "I love you, Baby," I said, and then she began jumping on the bed. Oh well, that's an extra super Mom's life.

No comments: