Friday, June 29, 2007

BedWetting

I woke up from a restful sleep when my daughter shouted, "Daddy, finished! I have weewee in my panty." It was around 6 am. My husband readily got up from bed and went inside the bathroom where my 6 year old daughter was waiting, sitting on the toilet.

Between my two daughters, it is my first born who occasionally wets the bed. Sometimes I would wake in the middle of the night sensing her to be uneasy. I would either wake up my husband or assist her myself to the bathroom so she can relieve herself.

Sometimes my husband and I are just deep in sleep and wouldn't know whether she feels like going to the toilet. There are times when she gets up on her own and proceeds to the toilet all by herself. I noticed she prefers to be accompanied when it is still dark but goes to the toilet alone when there's light from dawn coming inside the room.

My daughter drinks water a lot, and I'm thinking it's one of the reasons why she needs to wake up in the middle of her sleep in order to pee. Her little sister is not much of a water drinker and seldom needs to go to the toilet in the middle of the night.

As my husband was the one assisting my daughter in the toilet, I did not bother getting up anymore until I heard her shout, "There's weewee on the bed." Oh dear, my toddler is nearly lying on the wet spot and I have to clean up the mess. I guess, it's time to get up now. What a good morning!

No comments: