Saturday, June 23, 2007

School and Getting Sick

Now that my eldest daughter is in school, she is more vulnerable to getting sick. My fears were realized this week. She missed a day in school because she got the cold. She had difficulty breathing and sleeping at night and she woke us up crying while saying, "Please help me."

The most obvious source of infection was found in school as the only places she has been to this week were home and school. Nobody in our home has a cold except her.

I don't want my kids getting sick but it's a fact of life that we cannot completely protect them from it. Even with all the immunizations, they will still get sick one way or another. One thing we can do is arm them with our prayers and if they do get sick, give them all the tender loving care that we could give.

No comments: