Friday, June 22, 2007

I Will Never Forget...

I mentioned that I am a mother to 2 beautiful girls but I got pregnant thrice. I had a miscarriage before I had my second daughter.

Having a miscarriage was a painful experience. I was already 12 weeks pregnant when I visited my Ob-Gyne. No heartbeat was heard so an ultrasound was advised. I had to harden my heart and open up my mind to the possibility that the baby inside me no longer has life.

Fetal demise... these words were written in black and white on my ultrasound result. I felt numb but I had to be strong for my eldest daughter and for my husband.

After 2 days of taking some medications prescribed by my doctor I started to bleed and had to go to the hospital for a D & C (Dilatation and Curettage). While waiting for the surgery, blood kept gushing out and I felt something solid came out. It was my baby.

My baby already looked human, complete with a head (with facial features), legs and arms. I felt like crying then, but I could not.

My second baby did not make it, but I will never forget...

No comments: