Monday, July 4, 2011

Photographs and Memories

Lately my husband and I have been looking at some of the old pictures of our children. It was a bittersweet experience for me.

The old photographs brought back wonderful memories of baby smells and sounds, of warm and soft bodies, of innocence and wide-eyed amazement at what Mommy can do. But at the same time they brought tears to my eyes. How time flies.

I am blessed to have enjoyed and witnessed my babies grow. I was with them in every ache and pain, in every achievement, in every milestone. In all their ups and downs I was there.

I love who they are now but I terribly miss the time when they were still babies. They were so dependent on me and it seemed like I was the most important person then but now they have their own friends and activities. How they have grown but they will forever be my little ones.

I never regret giving up my career to have kids and be a full-time mom. Every moment with my family is a wonderful experience that no money can ever buy.

No comments: